For residents of South Tucson, having and running an air conditioning system is a non-negotiable. It’s just too hot for too many days! But, for those who are on a budget or need to save some money, it may be shocking to learn what that cool air really costs. Realtor.com estimates that for an average house of 1200+ square feet that cost is about $245 a month!
Here are six cool tips that will help you cut and control your cooling bill:
- Start at the top with attic insulation. Make sure your house is well insulated to keep in the cool air your system puts out.
- Get a smart thermostat that can help you automatically adjust the temperature for when you’re at work or asleep.
- Install reflective window shades or window film that can help block the sun’s heat from getting in and raising your home’s temperature.
- Become a fan of fans! Ceiling and whole house fans can distribute cool air, so your AC Unit doesn’t have to work so hard. Even a portable fan can help keep you cool while you sleep.
- Practice regular maintenance to keep your air conditioning system efficiently. Even simply changing the filter on a regular basis makes your unit’s job easier and saves you money.
- Be sure you have the right AC system for your home. Maybe you’ve had some remodeling done to expand your home, but your central air system can’t handle cooling the additional space. Even enclosing a porch or patio can add a burden to your system. Maybe it’s time to consider air conditioning system replacement. Or, if that’s not an option, you might consider a portable or window AC unit to cool single rooms or small spaces.
Start using these tips today to save money of your cooling bill. If you need reliable service for repair or replacement of your HVAC system, CentralAir.com has AC Specialists available 24/7 to answer your questions.